Monday, October 19, 2009

October tip too

I hope this finds everyone doing well and enjoying the lovely colors of fall, whereever you are. So far it is proving to be a pretty fall here in Roanoke, VA.

We just returned from the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We had some crazy weather from a random weather pattern going through, twice. So we only one good play on the beach day, but it was still a great trip.

On the return trip I caught myself thinking and even saying, "Are we there yet?". This took me back to the trips with the parental units and my sister, as we traveled all over the place. I purposefully do not talk about the trip to Boston, MA for a reason, though it had fun memories. The moving from point A to point B were not fun. Though I was enjoying our trip back from North Carolina as we planned and chatted about the trip we are planning in March for a 10K race and talking about other random thoughts. I was ready to be home to my furkids that did not go with us, but then stepped back to enjoy the furkids with us in the car and enjoy the moments we were sharing driving back.

Now you wonder, why am I tell you all of this. You see I have a friend, Tammy finally stopped saying it, that says constantly "I see a light at the end of the tunnel". I am always saying that you have to find the light now and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Now here is what I mean.

Let us think of it this way and no I am not telling you that goals are not good, but chasing the "light" is not. Here is why. If you are saying there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you are working toward that, you are saying that you are unhappy with where you are at this moment. Therefore working toward your perception of a happier place, time or whatever that may be. See it as the "grass is green on the other side" kind of thing.

Now back to the light. If you are always waiting to get to that "light" at the end of your tunnel, at what point are you happy or pleased with what you are doing right now? There is the key word, NOW. If you are in the present moment and in the "now", then you are not chasing after something you should be experiencing already. So always working toward that "light at the end of the tunnel" is only exhausting yourself, when all you have to do is look at where you are and find your happiness and find where you have contentment. If it is not there, then be happy that you recognize there are things you wish to change, but stop chasing the light. There is no light, it is in your heart already. All you have to do is sit, look and listen.

Let your light shine bright, right now!

Peace and joy,
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment